More adventures coming soon...
- Schedule: Every day. You leave at 8 am and come back the next at around 12 pm (noon)
- Includes: Local / Bilingual Guide
- 3 meals (lunch, dinner, breakfast) and 1 snack (evening)
Vegetarian meals are available.
(important: we provide you the food but you have to pack it in your backpack)
- Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag and cot)
- Clothes and gear (jacket, hat, gloves, stick and flashlight)
- What it’s about: You’ll hike the most scenic route to a new carefully designed campsite.The hike takes 4-5 hours, depending on the group. On your way you are going to see the 3 different parts of Acatenango, pine forest, the cloudy forest and soil with volcanic sand.
You spend the night at basecamp, almost at the top, enjoying the eruptions of Fuego. At sunrise you’re taken to the summit for a breathtaking view, leaving at 4am from the base camp. Comfortably Sleep with Maximum Warmth with the supplied hot water bag. Take out you need to use your own water. They boil their water. Stay warm and protected from the winds with the large plastic dome which houses two chimney and a bonfire.
- What you’ll need: A large backpack, comfy shoes, warm clothing or layers of clothes, a flashlight 4 to 5 liters of water, extra food for optimum performance. If you need to, you can leave your stuff in our storage cupboards free of charge.
- Difficulty: hard but worth it.
Pacaya - One Day Hike
- Schedule: every day. You can choose between 6 am to 1 pm or 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Includes: transportation from and to the hostel, and a local guide (Spanish speaking only! Though you’ll find slates with information in English and Spanish along the way).
- What it’s about: you’ll see petrified lava and volcanic rocks. You’ll experience the terrain difference as you go up, enjoy some volcano-roasted marshmallows, and you’ll hike high enough to see other volcanoes and even the sea on a clear day!
- What you’ll need: comfy shoes, a warm jacket, snacks, and 1 liter of water.
- Difficulty: easy to moderate.
* For prices and booking information, please contact us below.