More adventures coming soon...
Acatenango - Overnight Hike
- Schedule: every day. You leave at 9 am and come back the next at around noon.
- Includes: transportation from and to the hostel. Gear: sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and a tent. Food: lunch and dinner for the first day and breakfast for the second day (vegetarian meals are available). You can rent jackets and backpacks if you need one.
- What it’s about: you’ll hike up Acatenango Volcano, which is next to Fuego (a volcano known for being super active). You spend the night at base camp, almost at the top, enjoying the eruptions of Fuego. At sunrise you’re taken to the summit for a breathtaking view.
- What you’ll need: a large backpack, comfy shoes, warm clothing or layers of clothes, a flashlight, 2 to 4 liters of water, and extra food for optimum performance. If you need to, you can leave your stuff in our storage free of charge.
- Difficulty: hard but worth it.
Pacaya - One Day Hike
- Schedule: every day. You can choose between 6 am to 1 pm or 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Includes: transportation from and to the hostel, and a local guide (Spanish speaking only! Though you’ll find slates with information in English and Spanish along the way).
- What it’s about: you’ll see petrified lava and volcanic rocks. You’ll experience the terrain difference as you go up, enjoy some volcano-roasted marshmallows, and you’ll hike high enough to see other volcanoes and even the sea on a clear day!
- What you’ll need: comfy shoes, a warm jacket, snacks, and 1 liter of water.
- Difficulty: easy to moderate.
* For prices and booking information, please contact us below.